Cracked Bells and Washed Out Horns
Friday, June 17, 2005
 
Tangled up in blue
Ahhhh, the great American past time of interleague play has come to New York as the Chicago Cubs visit the House That Ruth Built for the first time since the allegedly called shot.

I'm not a big fan of interleague baseball, it sort of saps the fun out of the bonus games that nobody cares about after the Red Sox and Yankees are done playing each other. I mean if the Cubs make the playoffs and advance to play the Red Sox, Yankees or White Sox, part of the fun of having two teams that never faced each other isn't there.

That being said, I'm much looking forward to this series. I'm going to the games, sans Mom, but with other friends, and its also neat that I'm suddenly friends with all the Mets fans in the city. A group of Mets fans I chat baseball with every morning on the NJ Transit train was all wearing Cubs hats this morning, and our conductor, a Yankees fan didn't say good morning to me...he just looked at me and my Ryne Sandberg jersey with a hint of suspicion.

But for two days we'll have a good time at The Stadium, and hopefully Big Z and El Ruschbo can get the job done. Too bad we'll have to sit through a round of "Nineteen O Eight" chants. Who do these people think they are? Red Sox fans?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger